Our Mission and Purpose
Mounted Games Across America, Inc. shall be operated exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, and scientific purposes, including lessening the burdens of government, within the meaning of §501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as now in effect or as may hereafter be amended (“the Code”). The Corporation shall be operated exclusively to foster national or international competition in equestrian mounted games and shall be operated primarily to support and develop amateur athletes for national and international competition in equestrian mounted games.
The specific purposes for which MGAA, Inc. is formed include:
- Introducing and developing the sport of equestrian mounted games within the United States equestrian community
- Providing opportunities for mounted games amateur athletes to develop competitive skills and team cohesiveness by offering a variety of mounted games competitions at the local, national, and international level
- Providing financial support through public scholarships to assist mounted games individuals or teams, who would otherwise be unable to do so, to participate in local, national, and international competitions, clinics, and seminars
- Providing a standard and consistent team selection process used to select team members that would represent MGAA at international mounted games competitions and selecting at least one team each year
- Developing and promulgating safety standards and procedures detailing fabrication of mounted games equipment, coaching of mounted games players, training of horses and ponies used for mounted games competition, and how to host mounted games competitions
- Sponsoring seminars and clinics with internationally renowned coaches to develop the level of mounted games skill at the local, national, and international level
- For any other lawful purposes consistent with these Articles of Incorporation or the Bylaws of MGAA, Inc.